International Students in Australia
Australia is one of the best places to study and work. There are several fields of study to choose from and options to work as well when you study. There are several benefits of having a student visa for international students in Australia. Several types of visas are available which are listed below along with the benefits:
You can upgrade your skills and education qualification while working as well to support yourself. You can work for 40 hours per fort night and full time during the school breaks. A working holiday visa or a work and holiday visa can be extended to a student visa.
Long Term and Short Term Visas
Both long and short term study visas are available which you can select according to the kind, of course, you wish to pursue. From few months to few years there is a wide variety to choose from.
No Age Limit
At any age, you can think of applying for study visa in Australia. For aspiring students below 18 years, there are special conditions.
Obtaining an Australian Degree/ Diploma
Australian education has worldwide recognition and it can also provide you with a long term career in Australia.
Post Graduate Visa
A two-year post study work visa can give you the much-needed experience as fresher right after you finish your course. You will get the much-needed break to embark upon the career of your choice.
Include a family member or spouse
You can also include a family member or your spouse while you are studying in Australia to live with you. The best part is some conditions even allow your family member to have the permit to work in Australia along with you.
Duration and Cost of Student Visa for International Students to Study in Australia
Duration of student visas depends upon the length of course which you are going to select. For 6 months or 3 years program, the visa will be also of the same duration. In order to qualify for a student visa, the length, of course, must be between 12 weeks and 52 weeks. Fees for a student visa are around $560 AUD. Irrespective of the length of study, the cost will remain same.
Requirements for an Australian Student Visa
- A Confirmation of Enrolment or letter of offer must be given by the authority or education provider. This must contain all required information.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) should be provided which shows that the student or his/her accompanying family member has no intention of staying beyond the duration of studying.
- Financial requirements and the relevant evidence must be produced.
- English Proficiency Requirements must be fulfilled and the test scores must be presented. Test scores shouldn’t be more than 2 years old.
- According to Australian health requirement, the required medical examination reports must be produced.
- Australian character requirement documents must be produced.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance cover must be taken for the period of stay in Australia.
We hope that we answered all your queries related to types of visas for study international students in Australia. Still, if you have any query, do let us know in the comments.