This course gives you the essential knowledge and skills to prepare you for the Cambridge exam. These preparation courses for the Cambridge exam are made for those who require an international English certificate which, unlike has unlimited validity. The Cambridge English language tests are recognised and respected by companies, governments and universities around the globe. These exams are the world’s leading range of certificates for learners of English taken by over 1.75 million people in 135 countries around the world. It consists of four tests: grammar, vocabulary, writing and reading.
Cambridge courses are divided in three levels:
- First Certificate (FCE): requires an Intermediate entry level equivalent to an IELTS score of 5.0 – 6.0.
- Advanced (CAE): requires an Upper Intermediate entry level equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5 and 7.0.
- Proficiency (CPE): requires an Advanced entry level equivalent to an IELTS score of 7.5 and 9.0.
If you wish to enrol in a Cambridge course, a pre-entry test is usually required followed by another test on the course start date. The Cambridge course may be undertaken after a General English course in order to meet English level requirements for admittance to the course as institutions must assess each individual’s language skills prior to enrolment.
- Cambridge courses are generally run as day classes.
- Cambridge courses are run over 10–12 week modules.
- Cambridge courses have fixed intake dates every three months: January, March, June and September.
- Once you have completed your Cambridge course, the exam can be undertaken and you will be graded based on the following grading system: A, B, C (pass); D and E (fail).